First things first: We love comments and appreciate the time that our readers spend to share ideas and give feedback. Thank you to everyone who comment at Scottish Daily.
However, we also want our comments to be as useful as possible to all of our readers. While we keep 99% of comments, there are some instances where comments will be edited or deleted as follows:
1. Harassing comments:
- While conversation and the sharing of different ideas is encouraged, all comments need to be respectful towards our contributors and those leaving comments.
- In the interest of fair play, no personal attacks are permitted in this blog’s comments. You may question or argue the content, but not attack the blogger, nor any other commenters. Failure to respect fellow participants on this blog could result in removal and blocked access.
- Comments containing language or concepts that could be deemed offensive will be deleted. Note this may include abusive, threatening, pornographic, offensive, misleading or libelous language.
2. Anonymous comments:
We only accept comments from people who identify themselves.
- The comment form must be filled in with a proper or legitimate sounding name and URL. Comments using keywords, spam or splog-like URLs, or suspicious information in the comment form will be deleted. Your comment will not be edited, it will simply be deleted in its entirety.
3. Promotional comments:
If a comment is solely promotional in nature, we will remove it from the site.
- Thank You Comments: Superficial comments that appear to be an attempt to get a backlink or get past comment moderation will be deleted.
Email Privacy: Email addresses are required for commenting, and they are not published on the blog, nor shared. They may be used by the blog owner to privately contact the commenter.
Commenter Privacy and Protection: Comments containing email addresses, physical mail addresses, phone numbers, and any private and personal information will be deleted as soon as possible to protect the privacy of the affected party. To prevent such editing, never share private information within blog comments.
Liability: All comments within this blog are the responsibility of the individual commenters. By submitting a comment on this blog, you agree that the comment content is your own, and to hold this site, and all its subsidiaries and representatives harmless from any and all repercussions, damages, or liability.
All Rights Reserved: The blog owner reserves the right to edit, delete, move, or mark as spam any and all comments. Blog owner has the right to block access to any one or group from commenting or from the entire blog. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.
Please leave comments that are respectful and useful.
Remember, commenting is a privilege, not a right.
If you have any questions on the commenting policy, please let us know.